Owned & Operated By:
Hanging Rock Christian Assembly, Inc. is owned and operated by member churches of the Christian Church/Church of Christ in West Central Indiana & Central Illinois.
Hanging Rock is a 501(c)(3) organization, committed to excellence, undergoing voluntary annual audits of its finances, and meeting industry standards of health and safety.
Hanging Rock Christian Assembly, Inc. provides opportunities for churches,individuals, families, and communities to establish and strengthen their relationship with Christ.
Statement of Faith
- God is one being in three persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is the source of all creation (Gen. 1:1, John 1:1-2), which He sustains (Col. 1:17) and is in the process of redeeming (Rom. 8:19-22). God the Father loves us and desires that we have fellowship with Him as His children (I John 1:3).
- Jesus is the incarnation of God the Son. He is the Word become flesh (John 1:14), and He now holds all authority in heaven and on earth (Matt. 28:18). He is Savior and Lord. He made human salvation possible through His life, death on the cross, and resurrection. He ascended into heaven where He is now our high priest and advocate. He is head of the Church.
- The Holy Spirit works actively in the world, seeking to glorify Jesus. The Holy Spirit convicts people of sin, righteousness, and judgment to com (John 16:5-11). The Holy Spirit indwells believers individually and completely in the Church. The Holy Spirit develops within the Christian a pure heart which results in Christ-like character expressed in private and public conduct and action.
- The Bible, the Old and New Testament scriptures, is the uniquely inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God (2Tim. 3:14-17; 2 Peter 1:16-21). The Bible is the rule of faith and practice for Christians. We affirm that Scripture is the authoritative revelation from God by which we know God’s will and Christ’s authority. We seek to assert what the Scriptures clearly assert and allow freedom in other cases. We seek to understand divine intent, through authorial intent, and we seek to apply its teaching to the contemporary church and culture.
- The Church is the body of Christ on earth, the community of believers throughout the world. Upon surrender to Christ, a person is added to the Church. In addition, the priesthood of all believers means each Christian is called to be a serving minister (1 Peter 2:9-10). The Church’s mission is the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20).
- Human beings were created by God to walk in fellowship with Him. However, all (except Jesus) have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23) and must rely on God’s grace and forgiveness. Every human from the moment of life (conception) is in the image of God (imago dei), a person to be nurtured, protected, and developed.
- Salvation is by God alone through Jesus Christ alone. One accepts Christ as Savior through a conversion process that includes faith, repentance, confession, and baptism (Acts 2:38, 8:12, 10:47-48, Rom. 10:9).
- We believe in the holy institution of marriage between one man and one woman, rooted as it is in God’s creation of man and woman in His image and in the relationship between Christ and His Church. (Genesis 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 5:22-33)
- We believe in the sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death. (Genesis 9:5-6; Exodus 20:13; Psalms 139:13-16)